WARM Foundation / WARM Academy
TELLING THE STORY IN TIMES OF CRISIS
Sarajevo, 10-15 July 2023
Application deadline: 25 June 2023
We are delighted to inform you about the upcoming 5th edition of the WARM Academy, organized by the WARM Foundation.
The WARM Academy is a multidisciplinary educational program that aims to explore and showcase cutting-edge approaches, innovative techniques, and best practices utilized worldwide in addressing issues related to contemporary conflict and post-conflict transitions.
Taking place in Sarajevo alongside the WARM Festival (10-15 July 2023), the Academy will specifically focus on the ongoing conflicts in Ukraine, but also Afghanistan, Iran and Sudan among others, and the crucial role of reporters, artists, and academics in times of crisis.
We cordially invite students, researchers, artists, photographers, academics, journalists, and individuals interested in conflict transformation, peacebuilding, human rights, transitional justice, and related fields to apply for participation in the WARM Academy.
Moreover, participants will have the unique opportunity to attend lectures offered by our esteemed partner, Kuma International. Established in 2018, Kuma International Summer School is the first program solely dedicated to contemporary art practices produced in the context of conflict and trauma, with a focus on Bosnia and Herzegovina and the work of artists in the region and the diaspora in response to the political turmoil of the 1990s, including the fall of Yugoslavia, war, and genocide.
- Participation in the WARM Academy is free of charge, but spots are limited (up to 30 participants).
- Selection will be based on a competitive process. To apply, please submit a motivation letter and a current CV to email@example.com by June 25, 2023.
- Participants are responsible for arranging and covering the costs of their accommodation, travel, and living expenses.
- English will be the working language of the Academy.
- Participants must attend at least 80% of the Academy to receive a certificate of completion.
We kindly request interested individuals to submit their applications promptly to secure a spot in this enriching educational experience.
For further inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, WARM Foundation